Navbit Privacy Notice
Effective Date: 13th October, 2021
This Privacy Notice provides you with information about your rights and the privacy practices that govern how Navbit Pty Ltd (“we” or “Navbit”) process data. It applies to the information that we collect on you, whether directly when you interact and transact with us (in person, via telephone, email, or on this website) or indirectly from third parties.
We may vary these policies from time to time by updating this Privacy Notice.
How we collect data
In most cases, we collect personal data about you directly from you but in some circumstances we may receive personal data about you from third parties (for example where you are referred to us or our website by a third party).
Where you contact us directly (e.g. by email or by phone), we collect the information that you share with us, such as:
- your name, date of birth, and your gender;
- your contact details such as your address, telephone number, payment information, images or photographs of you; and
- detail of your interactions with us, for example the Navbit product you are interested in, or any feedback you have in relation to our services.
When you visit our website, we will collect:
- your IP address;
- your browser type, browser activity and related information; and
- information about the computer system you are using including the type of system and operating software; and
- other information about you in accordance with our Cookie Notice set out below,
in addition to any information that you enter or share with us through our website.
How we use your information
We may use the information you provide to us:
- to contact or respond to you, in relation to any of your queries or feedback in relation to our products and services;
- to communicate with you via the contact details you provide to maintain our relationship with you;
- to the extent that you consent to receive such information, to share relevant news and updates about Navbit and Navbit products;
- to develop and improve our internal procedures and the user experience of Navbit services generally;
- to fulfil our regulatory and risk management obligations; and
- with your consent.
Generally, we do not disclose your information to third parties. We only share your information in accordance with this Privacy Notice, to the extent you consent to us doing so, or to the extent permitted by law.
We may share your information in limited circumstances, such as with third-party data hosts or processors, service providers that we engage to provide aspects of our services on our behalf such as marketing customer service or technical support, or law enforcement agencies that are entitled to your information.
Where we share your information with third parties, we will seek to ensure that the recipient maintains the confidentiality of your information and uses your information in accordance with this Privacy Notice.
Storing your information
We use all reasonable endeavours to secure the information that we collect, including by storing information that we collect with third-party service providers that use industry standard security measures.
Due to the nature of our business, information that you provide to us may be transferred to, or accessed from, locations outside the jurisdiction in which you provide it. Where this applies, you agree that we may do so, provided always that we will take appropriate measures to protect and secure your information.
We will retain your personal information for:
- as long as we are required to do so under the laws applicable to our retention of that information; and
- subject to the qualification above, within 30 days of you requesting that we delete such information.
You are entitled to request that we provide you with details of the personal information that we hold about you and how that information is used. You also have the right to request that such information be rectified for inaccuracies or deleted.
In such a case, we may be able to continue to retain your personal data to the extent required or permitted by law, in particular in connection with exercising and defending our legal rights or meeting our legal and regulatory obligations.
Any such requests should be made by directly contacting our Privacy Officer at the details set out at the end of this Privacy Notice, and we will (to the extent required or authorised by law) take steps to comply with your request, noting that in some circumstances it may take up to 30 days’ to remove or rectify your information following a valid request.
A cookie is a small data file created by websites you visit used to store information on your device. Other tracking technologies are used for similar purposes.
A persistent cookie helps us recognize you as a prior visitor to our website. A session cookie is deleted from your device when you disconnect from or leave the website.
Web beacons or GIF’s
We also may use web beacons or graphics interchange formats (GIF’s) to allow us to adjust our website content to better respond to your needs. Web beacons are small graphics embedded in a web page, which unobtrusively track the online movements of visitors. The web beacons we use do not currently track, collect or link to your personal data.
Changing your cookies setting
You can edit your browser preferences to refuse to accept cookies, remove cookies or notify you when a cookie is set. You do not have to accept all cookies sent to you by our websites. Depending on the particular cookie you reject, you may not be able to use some features on the website you are visiting or signing in to.
If you have any questions regarding our Privacy Notice or this website, please contact us at:
Attn: Lynette Walter
Suite 201, National Innovation Centre, 4 Cornwallis Street, South Eveleigh NSW 2015 Australia
You may need to provide sufficient details regarding your query and contact information to enable our response. We will respond to you as soon as reasonably practicable. If you are not satisfied with the way we have handled your query or complaint, you can contact us to discuss your concerns or complain to the Australian Privacy Commissioner via www.oaic.gov.au.